These questions are designed to assess your application of these critical CPM elements in your life/lives.
Note that English does not distinguish between the singlura and plural “you” (unless we use “y’all) so note that these questions are for you personally but also for you as a team. If you do not have partners in this mission – pray and ask God for them!
- Is your focus truly on bringing Glory to God? John 17:4
- How does our everyday life reflect the spiritual truth of John 15:4-5?
- How does Gal 2:20 translate into your life? What does it look like?
- What Vision has God given you for your people? How are you being faithful to that vision? How are you passing it on?
Note: assessment questions are adapted from an anonymous document we received – if you are the author – please let us know so we can credit you for your insight.
1. God is the initiator of CPMs – they are His work and for His Glory (Habakkuk 2:14; Ephesians 3:20-21). The Holy Spirit is the Equipper and Empowerer of CPMs (Acts 1:8).
2. Vision: God has a vision for reaching a UPG/city/tribe/nation to a person/team (Acts 19:10). Start with knowing the mind of God and join Him in His work. Vision is shared and co-laborers are raised up (initially outsiders, but the main harvest force is inside the unreached group).
The outsiders help the insiders reproduce vision casting.
3. Scripture is the foundation of all beliefs and practices (2 Timothy 3:16-17). Scripture leads to Principles which leads to Practice.
If we want to be part of CPMs, we need to learn first from the Bible and then second from the works of the Holy Spirit in movements (in history and today). Acts 19:10 This continued on for two years, so that everyone who lived in Asia, both Jews and Greeks, heard the word of the Lord Jesus.
Over the next few weeks we will look at critical elements in movements – taking even one of the elements out can be crippling.
We will be looking at forming a:
CPM Strategy based on CPM Critical Elements
The following sentence shows the major CATEGORIES we will be covering.
GOD has a VISION for our People…so we reproduce PRAYER and EVANGELISM … leading to reproducing DISCIPLES, CHURCHES, LEADERS transforming lives & communities.
Back in 1985 24% of the world was considered “unreached” – without access to the gospel.
In 2015 after 30 years of increased focus 30% of the world is now unreached….
in 1985 1.1 billion people were unreached.
In 2015 2.2 billion people are unreached!
We believe that Church-Planting Movements (CPMs) are the main way we are seeing God change these heart-breaking percentages among the unreached. CPMs are rapidly multiplying indigenous churches planting new churches within a population segment. These movements often take years to start, but once they start, one marker is if there are consistent multiple streams of 4th generation reproduction within 4-5 years of the first reproducing churches.
This is happening because all new believers are being taught to obey Christ’s commands, and as a result they expect every believer and every church to take responsibility for reaching those next door and at the ends of the earth. CPMs are not a new fad, but rather a modern example of what God has always done in history: bringing individuals, families and groups into relationship with Him in a powerful way which makes these new communities of faith want to serve those around them and reach more people with the Good News.
MakeDisciples.net is one channel where we hope to share stories, resources, information and stay connected to work together toward seeing God start these movements of:
- disciples making disciples
- church birthing churches
- leaders developing leaders
- movements catalyzing movements
We hope to make this a learning community where we can learn from each other and spur each other on.